Tuesday 7 April 2009

31DBBB Day 1 - My Elevator Pitch

Wordle: Natasa's Blog 2

“An elevator pitch is an overview of an idea for a product, service, or project. The name reflects the fact that an elevator pitch can be delivered in the time span of an elevator ride (for example, thirty seconds or 100-150 words).” - Wikipedia

I thought I would wordle my Elevator Pitch and you can see the result at the top of the page.


Another way of doing it would be to answer the good old Who? What? Where? When? Why? set of questions. So here it is:


Who? I am a teacher of English, a Web 2.0 geek and a lifelong learner.


What? I blog about the stuff you would generally expect me to blog about (see the Who? part), but the result is often unexpected. I cook with common ingredients, but I end up creating a new dish.


Where? I am from Serbia, but you can find me "all over the place" as far as Internet is concerned.


When? I usually blog once a week.


Why? I blog because it is fun.


I am not sure I could deliver this during an elevator ride. Maybe if I held my breath and spoke really, really fast.


How about this: "I am an EFL teacher, a lifelong learner, a creative writer and a Web 2.0 enthusiast. I blog because blogging makes me happy."


Which of the three descriptions of my blog do you like best - the short one, the long one or the Wordle? What comes to your mind when you look at my blog? How would you describe it?



Technorati Tags:





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the short one is great; it is concise and explains who you are and what you do. But I also liked the 'using the same ingredients to create different dishes' bit. Perhaps you could incorporate it? My only other comment would be that a good elevator speech lets the listener know how they would benefit from your service; which is really important when you're trying to make money from whatever it is you're promoting.

Thanks for visiting me; I've enjoyed your blogs and I shall visit again.

Natasa said...

Something like: "I am an EFL teacher, a lifelong learner, a creative writer and a Web 2.0 enthusiast. I blog because blogging makes me happy. I cook with common ingredients, but I end up creating a new dish." I hope it is intriguing rather than confusing. I need to work on it more. Your comment about convincing the readers that they can benefit from my service is really important.
I was thinking about starting another blog where I would do some creative writing, but I need to decide how I am going to do it. Thanks for the encouragement, it means a lot to me.

KALINAGO ENGLISH said...

the wordle is just darn cute but I agree with jesamakateli, the short one is concise and tells exactly who you are what you do.

But your second version, above is spicier (without the food references of course LOL).

xKarenne

Natasa said...

Thanks Karenne. Glad you like both of them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...