Sunday 3 June 2012

A Latecomer to Camp Magic Macguffin

Yesterday
My Daily Create assignment No 146 - a photo that represents destruction

I joined Camp Magic Macguffin a while ago, then forgot all about it, shame on me. I joined the camp because I love digital storytelling and the DS106 activities will give me something fun to do during summer. Since I am an open participant and not doing this for credit, I hope it is still not late to start creating.

I am grateful to @olHatchetJack for showing me the way to Bunkhouse Four and to @cogdog for reminding me that I haven't written a single blog post so far. So, here I am now.

If you are one of my regular readers and only came here looking for TEFL lesson ideas, I believe you are still at the right place. The reason why I didn't create a separate blog for DS106 is that I think that most of the stuff I do here can be transformed into lesson ideas. Today is no exception.

The first task I have decided to tackle is "Vonnegut and The Shape of Stories". Here is the original video:






Our task was to describe the shape of a story we are familiar with, based on Voneggut's video. Here is my contribution:



Unable to display content. Adobe Flash is required.


So, have you recognised the story yet?




Technorati Tags:

7 comments:

Alan said...

Hey Natasa, there is no shame or apologies needed for ds106- you should do what you can and enjoy it! I love how you narrated the drawing; but will leave the guessing for someone else, I have enough pride...

scottlo said...

Hello Natasa,

Welcome to Camp Magic MacGuffin. I noticed you mentioned EVO session on your blog. Is it possible you are a fellow Webhead in Action?

Natasa said...

Thank you, Alan. I am enjoying it already. Once you start telling digital stories, it gets a little addictive, doesn't it?

It's good to hear you have got pride;) I made it too easy, I shouldn't have said that last sentence. I didn't in the first version, but then I was afraid that no one would guess.

Natasa said...

Thank you, Scotlo. And you are absolutely right - I am a Webhead. I joined the group in 2008 and it changed my life.

I am proud to be a Webhead. In fact, I am only here because someone in the WiA forum mentioned DS106. Was it you by any chance? Or are there any other Webheads in DS106?

scottlo said...

Thanks Natasa,

Vance and I did an elluminate session several weeks back about ds106.

The fact that that might have led you here blows me away. To date, you and I are the Webheads around these parts that I know of.

And I've not been able to make it to the bunkhouses because I've been "stuck" in Second Life.

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on all this ds106 magic as the camp progresses.

Natasa said...

Scottlo, then it was you who brought me here:) I was going to write a reply to your post in the WiA forum, but I wasn't sure I was going to join the camp back then. Isn't it amazing? Maybe it would be nice if we shared our experience with the Webheads after the course. What do you think?

Hepiska Franatagola said...

This is a great post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...